Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pineapple Print

I've been spotting so many pineapple inspired things at the moment - they seem to be popping up everywhere and anywhere. Ranging from dresses, to underwear, to accessories; I'd definitely consider pineapple print to be a hot trend this summer. If I'm honest, I think it could be either a hit or miss for people - I personally love it (biased maybe as pineapple is my favourite fruit) but I think the prints are really fun and exciting. My addiction began when I recently purchased a pineapple print skirt. I managed to nab it on eBay for only £10 which is great compared to the price that Topshop were selling it at. Unfortunately the skirt is now out of stock so here are a few of my other pineapple print favourites!


1. I'm a sucker for funky socks and so these pineapple printed socks from Topshop were right up my street! You could wear them whilst lounging about to add a little bit of fun to your lazy clothes. I also think the yellow pineapples look great contrasted on the main bright blue colour of the socks.

2. Missguided have got on board with the pineapple print trend, bringing out this Swing Top along with a t-shirt, a dress and a playsuit. This top, though, took my particular fancy as I love the shape of it. The slight crop to it makes it perfect for summer and wearing with a pair of high waisted denim shorts or maybe a bright skirt. However, you could also wear it with a pair of jeans in the colder weather - it's really versatile.

3. I've been on the hunt for a yellow bikini for a while now so I'm sure this will be sneaking into my ASOS basket very soon. Bandeau bikinis suit me best and so the fact that the straps of the bikini top can be removed is so ideal. I also love the cut out detail of the top, although it could leave me with some dodgy tan lines! I also like the shape of the bottoms as they're not too high cut. The all over yellow shade makes the bikini perfect for summer - giving your beach wardrobe a pop of bright colour.

4. Even trusty Marks and Sparks are getting involved with these cool sunglasses that are 'boring in the front, party in the back'. From the outside, the sunglasses are a plain nude colour but on the inside of the frame, the sunglasses have a cool pineapple print. I love the sort of hidden print, as I feel that the whole sunglasses covered in pineapple print might be a bit too much.

5. Finally is another Topshop pineapple print item - the Pineapple dress. I love how cute and girly this dress is, yet still keeping with the tropical/summery trend. It's again, really fun and cheery. I love the strap design of the dress as I think it's really unique - I've not seen many dresses this sort of shape. To style this, I'd partner is with a pair a gladiator sandals, a straw hat and tote as well as a pair of sunglasses, perhaps coordinating your shoe choice - a great casual look for summer!

What's your opinion on pineapple print - hot or not?

2 comments:

  1. i love the little pineapple vest, such a cute print!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my , the dress is SO CUTE!
    x
    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, and leave a comment! :)