As I'm going on holiday next week (eeeeek!), I've been thinking a lot lately about my holiday essentials. I've already started stocking up on the beauty essentials and toiletries like shampoo, suncream and toothpaste but haven't really given much thought to my fashion essentials for holiday. This got me thinking - what are my top 5 holiday essentials? Minus underwear of course, here's mine:
1. I've been loving these cropped cami tops from Topshop lately. I love the 'swing' shape of them as I don't really like wearing tight crop tops. These, fortunately aren't too cropped and fall just below the belly button and are nice and loose making them perfect for going on holiday. Topshop have loads of colours as well and I've already stocked up on the white, black, bright green and fluorescent coral. They cost £6 each or you can get them on a deal at 2 for £10 - and totally worth it! You could wear them with denim shorts in the daytime or dress them up in the evenings with bold statement jewellery.
2. Sunglasses are obviously another summer essential - for fashion as well as practicality. They're so useful for popping on if you're trying to read a book in the sunshine whilst you're sunbathing. The problem for me though is that I always seem to misplace them - I've already gone through 2 pairs this summer, so another holiday essential is this Silicone Clip Case from Accessorize - the bright pink colour can almost ensure you won't lost your shades as it's so bright you'll find it hard to miss. The case is also handy to stop you from scratching your sunglasses when you pop them in your bag.
3. Comfortable shoes are a must when it comes to the holiday essentials and these Zuuk shoes from Hi-tec* are just that. The trainer shoes are light-weight and breathable making them ideal holiday footwear for slipping on after a long day at the beach for the walk back to the hotel or villa. They'll keep your feet protected but nice and comfy too. You could also wear them on an active holiday doing adventurous activities - they're really versatile. What's more? They comes in great girly colours - pink? Yes please.
4. This kaftan/beach tunic is again perfect for popping on after a long day at the beach or around the pool whilst you pop to the shops for some refreshments. You can easily throw it on over your bikini if you'd like to cover up a bit more. The crochet pattern is really funky and the 'open weave' allows your beautiful bikini to still shine through and be on show.
5. Finally, a hat is another essential holiday item - you don't want to get your head burnt. Hats also give great protection for your head and eyes and will make being out in your summer holiday heat much easier! They're also great for making a fashion statement too and can complete any outfit. I'd wear this floppy straw hat from ASOS with a white dress and brown gladiator sandals for a day in the town look.
What are your top 5 holiday fashion essentials?