Sunday, October 20, 2013

Recently... (+ a haul)

The majority of my time nowadays is being spent getting my teeth stuck into A-Level work (some interesting and some not, to say the least) and I do feel as though blogging has been taking a bit of a back seat at the moment but I'm trying to post when I can, so bear with - please! Apart from school and work, not a lot has been going on in my life - the usual - friends, boys and shopping really (oh and food - lots and lots of food).

I've probably been spending a lot more than I should have lately, but as my fortune cookie said the other day (see what I mean, lots of food) - "Treat yourself as a reward for good work" so I took that maybe a little bit too literally and splurged this weekend - here's what I bought...


I've been eyeing up this top for a while in Topshop, especially last month for a music festival however I resisted with the thought that a white top at a muddy and dusty festival show-ground was never going to end well. However, I managed to snap this up in the Topshop sale the other day for half the original price at a bargain £15! I was so chuffed. I love the contrast between the lace and the tassles and the slightly longer than short sleeves are great as it's getting a little colder now.


The next goodie I treated myself to was this belted Fedora hat from Accessorize. I've been on the look out for a hat like this ever since I saw Fearne from TOWIE wearing one on Wednesday night I think it was. I'm not a hat lady and I don't think I've ever actually worn a hat out so this was a bit of spontaneous buy for me however I absolutely love it and I've already been planning outfits that I can incorparte this look into. The downside is that it did set me back about £30 which is quite pricey for a girl that never tends to wear hats so hopefully I will get a lot of use out of it, and I must admit, it was the best quality one I had seen whilst looking around!


Finally, my last treat (or six). You can never go wrong with a Barry M nail polish and so I treated myself to six of the new Gelly nail paints. I love the finish that these produce - it's so shiny and the colours are really bright and glossy. I picked up Grapefruit, Dragonfruit, Papaya (top row), Prickly Pear, Blueberry and Passion Fruit (bottom row). I can definitely saw that Prickly Pear is my favourite shade so far - it's cool but girly at the same time - a great combination!

Have you treated yourself to anything lately?

7 comments:

  1. I also have that top from the sale and I absolutly love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they added some extra colours to the Gelly line! Very cute top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nail polish colors are so pretty! Really like your blog, glad I found it!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, and leave a comment! :)