Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Calvin Klein's 'Downtown' Fragrance Review

Morning all - long time, no blog!

It has been just over 6 months since my last blog post but with exams finally over, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and what better time to do it than in the summer holidays? If you've stuck with Which Way To Wonderland? throughout this time, I really do appreciate it, but hello and welcome to new readers - I'm sure there's a whole lot more of you since November in the ever-growing blogging world.

A very long time ago now, I  was sent the Downtown fragrance by Calvin Klein to review from PerfumeLover.co.uk - an online fragrance and beauty store that I have worked very closely with in the past. The perfume arrived so quickly and well packaged, as always from PerfumeLover. I've never tried a Calvin Klein perfume before and so I was eager to see what this one had to offer...


I was sent the 50ml version of the perfume which retails for £40.48 on PefumeLover.co.uk - this is £5.52 cheaper than the RRP, a nice little saving! I'll agree that it isn't the cheapest of perfumes around but the 50ml bottle will last a while as the scent is quite strong so I'd definitely argue that it's a worthwhile investment if you're looking to purchase a new fragrance. 


The fragrance was aimed at the younger populations, as a sweeter fragrance however I don't quite agree with this. I, being a 'young girl' or one of the 'younger popuations' actually think this scent seems more suitable for women slightly older than myself. Despite this, I love the fragrance and have found myself wearing it daily - I'm just in slight disagreement with Calvin Klein's marketing focus here.

The scent can best be described as a cross of floral and woody notes. It's got a really fresh smell with extracts of gardenia petals and green pear which makes it a really light and summery fragrance - it's definitely one for the day rather than the evening. Although the scent is quite light and fresh, its lasting power has impressed me. It's not overwhelming at all and you can still smell it by the end of the day as it appears to me to get more of 'musky' smell as the day goes on - which I really love.



The bottle of the fragrance is really simplistic. The design in minimalistic with simple, capital lettered writing, yet edgy with the hollow, bright pink cored lid. This, in my opinion, is the only downfall as the hollow style of the lid makes it quite prone to falling off inside your bag and hence spraying everywhere all over your Filofax (from experience, you might guess). Nonetheless, the pale pink tinted bottle gives the perfume a feminine feel, making it perfect for women - whatever the generation.

All in all, I've really loved trying this fragrance from PerfumeLover.co.uk - I'd definitely recommend the scent if you're on the hunt for a summer perfume that's fruity, florally and light as this 100% fits the bill (and why not grab it with a little bit extra discount whilst you can!).

Have you tried any Calvin Klein fragrances? What do you think of Downtown?

2 comments:

  1. welcome back hannah I just bought this one last month and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, and leave a comment! :)